Cold Weather Skin Tips
Low temperature and humidity, indoor heating, dry recycled air and outdoor exposure can make skin lose its moist, healthy glow.
- If you have dry skin, consider changing your moisturizer to one that heightens moisturization - especially women who participate in winter sports or spend time with children outdoors.
- For those with oily skin don't change your regimen unless you're being exposed to harsh outdoor elements.
- Factor in individual skin type and geographical location when adapting your skincare regimen for winter.
- Take short, lukewarm showers in the winter instead of hot baths. Soaking in water, especially hot water, dries out your skin.
- When you step out of the shower, pat down with a towel to dry off. Apply a moisturizer immediately after patting down, this will trap moisture within your skin before it escapes.
- Humidify your home. This can keep your skin from drying out and becoming cracked and itchy.
- Use sunscreen with a SPF of 15 or higher if you are going to be outside for any length of time.